Saturday, September 26, 2009

Psalm of the Serene

When you came for me
I was beset with smiles of ravenous teeth.
Your form eclipsed the sun. You hovered above,
Rotating the world to where you must go.

In fear, I dared not cry out.
I was silenced by your horrid splendor.
It glimpsed you and thirst for unbearable things.
Desire gripped me by the throat.

Your dispassionate gaze boiled
Over-I thoughts.
Without hate or pleasure you cast your shadow
And my I was flayed.
You felt no joy or cruelty
Bisecting soul from flesh.

You purchased me with blood.
I was bought with a price of viscera.
Unburdened by conscience,
Your will is as immovable as your plum lips.

All my life I waited for you
Unaware of my anticipation.
In time I'll care nothing for you
And become one of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment