Saturday, December 12, 2009

Things I missed about America

Saturday, Nov. 28

We're on the plane back to the U.S. Here are some things I miss about America:

- English background conversation. I don't listen in, but I could if I wanted to!

- Copyright laws. Did I tell you that there was this familiar coffee shop with a green circle, white font and a woman at the circle's center? It was Leymo Coffee. And appropriately named (wish I had a photo of that one).

- Bush. Gavin's just not as good by himself. Has nothing to do with China, but I still miss them.

- Driver's education. I'd take any American 15 year old with a permit over a Chinese driver - unless I'm missing the emotion "terror" for some reason.

- Anonymity. Screaming Chinese children and expressionless stares aren't as fun as you might guess.

- Thanksgiving. Yeah, we totally missed it. We said "Happy Thanksgiving" to each other, but no cranberry sauce (in the shape of the can) or sweet tato pie this year.

- Pizza. Seafood sushi "party pizza" with BBQ sauce didn't quite hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment